The system includes a Nordson™ Hot Melt Applicator sized to production requirements.
Evans Midwest Corfab™ models can be configured with pneumatic and electronic positioning units to minimize setup.
Optional infeed end milling units to machine relief cuts or dado recesses into the core to enhance the profile look and durability. Once the sticks are glued and bonded to the core, the panel continues through vertical and/or horizontal shapers where the edges are machined to the desired profile.
Vertical spindle shapers with 220 mm long shafts and stacked tooling allow multiple profiles to be produced with minimum setup.
- Compact double-sided design with center drive
- Heavy-duty welded frame with unique 2 to 1 ratio fixed side design
- Transport chain assembly with 3-3/16 inches wide carrier blocks
- Rubber drive pads vulcanized to steel plate and mechanically fastened to carrier blocks
- AC drive motor coupled directly to drive sprocket
- Electronic variable speed control with digital display
- Upper beam with double rows or 2-3/4 inch diameter hold-down wheels
- Power width adjustment with high-speed ball screws and linear bearings
- Hand-wheel operated upper beam adjustment with dial indicator
- Two (2) double cast-iron columns per side with machined dovetail slides
- Sizing, milling, and shaping units include horizontal and vertical adjustment on dovetail slides
- Sizing/milling/shaping units are tiltable from O to 180 degrees
- Spindle motor sizes up to 10 hp (7.7kw) and shaft lengths up to 8-5/8 inches
- Operator Interface (HMI) PLC controls
- lnfeed sizing saw units with custom-engineered cutter head assemblies
- Optional infeed end milling units to machine relief cuts and/or dados
- Automatic build-down and scribe stick system
- Optional no-drip stick and cove stick systems
- Nordson Durablue'” hot melt system
- Special infeed and outfeed conveyor systems
- Optional automatic panel feeders
- Optional pick and place loading systems
- Optional electronic motor brake kits
- Optional carbide and diamond tooling packages
Evans Midwest has been designing and manufacturing machines for the kitchen countertop industry since the early 1970s. The Midwest family of Corfab™ Tenoners and Shapers is uniquely designed for the production of kitchen countertops, bar tops, and vanities from particle board, plywood, or MDF substrates in high-volume production environments. Corfab™ Machines are used to prepare countertop cores, starting with a blank particle board panel, and ending in a machined countertop core ready for laminating.
Bottom line? They help you increase productivity and improve quality.