Once the sticks are glued and bonded to the core, the panel continues through vertical and/or horizontal shapers where the edges are machined to the desired profile. Vertical spindle shapers, with up to 220 mm long shafts and stacked tooling, allow multiple profiles to be produced with minimum setup. The unique 2 to 1 ratio center drive design provides a right hand or left hand fixed side for inline operation.
- Compact double-sided design with center drive
- Heavy-duty welded frame with unique 2 to 1 ratio fixed side design
- Transport chain assembly wtth 3-3/16 inches wide carrier blocks
- Rubber drive pads vulcanized to steel plate and mechanically fastened to carrier blocks
- AC drive motor coupled directly to drive sprocket
- Electronic variable speed control with digital display
- Upper beam with double rows or 2-3/4 inch diameter hold-down wheels
- Power width adjustment with high-speed ball screws and linear bearings
- Hand-wheel operated upper beam adjustment with dial indicator
- Two(2) double cast-iron columns per side with machined dovetail slides
- Sizing, milling, and shaping units include horizontal and vertical adjustment on dovetail slides
- Sizing/milling/shaping units are tiltable from O to 180 degrees
- Spindle motor sizes up to 10 hp (7.7kw) and shaft lengths up to 8-5/8 inches
- Operator Interface (HMI) PLC controls
- Automatic build-down and scribe stick system
- Optional no-drip system
- Nordson Durablue™ hot melt system
- Special infeed and outfeed conveyors
- Overhead stick rack mounted over infeed conveyor
- Optional carbide and diamond tooling packages
Evans Midwest has been designing and manufacturing machines for the kitchen countertop industry since the early 1970s. The Midwest family of Corfab™ Tenoners and Shapers is uniquely designed for the production of kitchen countertops, bar tops, and vanities from particle board, plywood, or MDF substrates in high-volume production environments. Corfab™ Machines are used to prepare countertop cores, starting with a blank particle board panel, and ending in a machined countertop core ready for laminating.
Bottom line? They help you increase productivity and improve quality.