Cameron Automation has pushed the envelope once again to simplify sophisticated equipment and bring it to the small shop to increase yield and save labor.
How it Works:
- A Board is placed on the Infeed Section
- The system measures the width, length, and shape of the board using sensors placed at 1’ increments
- With our unique “Skewing Fence”, the machine adjusts the angle and position of each board to achieve the highest possible yield
- The laser lights move with the saw blades to project the rip solution on the board
- The operator has several options available to improve the final rip solution. Once that is determined, the board is processed into the saw and the next board is measured
- The Cameron Software Actively Tallies all Production, constantly updating a number of reports that can be saved.
This System Features:
- Full Optimizing Infeed
- 12″ Wide Arbor, (2) Moving and Multiple Fixed Blade Rip Saw
- Auto-Skew to Increase Board Yield
- Fully Integrated Software Package
- Automatic Movable Blade Positioning by the Cameron Software
The Skew is our answer for Rip Optimization in a custom shop. It will quickly transform a labor intensive hand fed rip work cell, into an efficient and effective. Cameron has further refined their rip software to make it easy and affordable for the small shop.
- (1) Operator
- (2 – 3) 10 Ft. Long Boards per Minute
- (2) Operators
- (4 – 5) 10 Ft. Long Boards per Minute
- Current Installation Production Rates
- Minimum = 900 – 1000 bd. ft.
- Maximum = 6,000 – 7,000 Bd. Ft.g changes
Cameron Skew Infeed
Standard Machine: 5 Ft. Minimum / 16 Ft. Maximum
Short Stock Machine: 28″ Minimum / 16 Ft. Maximum
12″ Saw Blades: 2.5″
14″ Saw Blades: 3.75″
Maximum Width (Incoming Material)
Cameron #413A- Rip Saw
(2) Servo Controlled Movable Blades
Multiple Fixed Blades
Pocket Sizes between Saw Blades
Between (2) Fixed Blades: 1″
Between Fixed Blade and 1st Movable Blade: 1″
Between (2) Movable Blades: 1.875″
Minimum: 26 ft/min (8 m/min)
Maximum: 130 ft/min (40 m/min)
Arbor Motor: 50 Hp
Feed Motor: 3 Hp
Three (3) sets of anti-kickback fingers
(4) individual Pneumatic pressure rolls
Steel dip chain construction with urethane inserts
Powered out-feed roller
Digital controlled lubricator for feed chain.
Amp meter for monitoring arbor motor running amperage
Easily accessed v-belt driving saw arbor for reduced vibration and higher tolerances
Easy access to spindle and blades for maintenance and tooling changes
Cameron Rip Software:
Yield Improvement over Hand feeding
Increased Safety for Operator
Full Production Tracking that includes:
Rough Lumber tracking by length and Yield
Arbor Optimization (mainly used with large fixed arbor saws)
Bundle reports on packs of lumber
Simulation capabilities to simulate jobs before the wood ever hits the infeed
Product Value Decisions: software can choose rip widths based on which rips are more profitable for your company.
Benefits of a Cameron Rip System:
Award winning support.
Software for both the Infeed and Gang Saw is written in house in Poughkeepsie, NY
Industry leading features with the Auto-Skew and Over/Under design.
Powerful Software to help improve your business and make you more profitable.
Significant Yield Increases that go directly to the Bottom Line by decreasing Lumber Bills and Improving Productivity