- Available with three styles of a cutterhead, straight, helical, or authentic BYRD.
- Helical carbide inserts are indexed for quick changing.
- Massive cast iron construction throughout allows up to a 1/4” cut.
- Polished built-in table roller assists movement of rough stock.
- Segmented infeed roller and sectional chip breaker easily handle rough stock.
- Dual outfeed rollers assist with heavy stock.
- A 3-speed gearbox provides the perfect feed rate.
- Magnetic controls with emergency off switch for safer operation.
- Control panel with digital readout allows precise thickness settings.
- Power-assisted table makes for quick, accurate, adjustments.
- Hinged access to cutter head and feed rollers for quick set-up.
- 5” dust chute easily handles chip removal.
- Easy access to the motor, drive train, and gearbox assists in maintenance and adjustment.
- Powerful TEFC motor is available in single or three-phase.
- *Optional 440/460-volt available special order only. Additional cost/parts may apply.Model No. 4470Stock No. (10HP, 1Ph, Straight) 4470.001Stock No. (15HP, 3Ph, Straight) 4470.002Stock No. (10HP, 1Ph, Byrd) 4470.101BStock No. (15HP, 3Ph, Byrd) 4470.102BMaximum Stock Width 25”Maximum Stock Thickness 9-1/4”Minimum Stock Thickness 1/8” Manual – 15/64″ AutomaticMinimum Stock Length 10”Dust Port Diameter 5″Minimum CFM Required 900 CFMInfeed Roller Diameter 3”Steel Outfeed Roller Diameter 3” (x2)Feed Speeds 20, 25 and 30 FPMBed Rollers 2, AdjustableTable Size 32” L x 26” WFootprint 47-1/2” L x 21” WCutterhead Diameter 3-3/8”Number of Knives (straight) 4Number of Knives (helical) 174-4S (125-Byrd) (102-30mm)Cutterhead Speed 4,800 RPMTable Support 2-ColumnMotor (1Ph) 10HP, 240V Only (43 AMPS)Motor (3Ph) 15HP, 240V/440V, Prewired 220V (37 AMPS, 220V 3Ph) *Optional 440/460 volt available special order only. Additional cost/parts may apply.Overall Dimensions 46” L x 23” W x 56” HNet Weight 1,775 lbsGross Weight 1,837 lbs
Oliver 4470 25″ Planer
$11,999.99 – $13,999.99
The Oliver 4470 25” Planer puts other planers to shame. With two full feet of cutting width, over 9” of cutting capacity, and the ability to take up to 1/4” off in a single pass, this planer will take whatever you can dish out. The digital thickness controller and powered table travel eliminate guesswork, make dialing in settings a breeze. But ease of operation isn’t everything, this Oliver outputs stock that’s smooth and straight. A sectional infeed roller and chip breaker apply uniform pressure on uneven stock, coupled with two outfeed rollers to keep your stock in place. Add plenty of power under the hood, and you’ve got a planer that’s ready to tackle anything!