WHY CHANGE TO A HOT MELT ADHESIVE?
Hot melt adhesives come in many types for a variety of uses; here are the most common products:
Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA) / Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) / Polyamides (PA)
Polyurethanes (PUR) / Polyethylene (PE) / Polyolefins (PO) / Pressure Sensitive (PSA)
Hot melt adhesive technology has opened up the door to many manufacturers for quicker, stronger, and more flexible applications. The following reasons are reasons for your manufacturing process to look at PUR (Poly Urethane Reactive) hot melt adhesives:
– A PUR hot melt is the most versatile adhesive manufactured today.
– PURs can be formulated for virtually any substrate and laminate.
– PURs work well with dissimilar substrates/laminates.
– The laminated product has extremely high green strengths (initial bond).
– Panels can be processed further without long staging times – vs – the cure time of other adhesives.
– There are typically no volatile ingredients in the formulation of PURs – No VOCs.
– The amount of adhesive you spread at application will be the same amount present after curing.
– PUR adhesive offers an exterior grade glue line, resistant to water and temperature changes.
– Easy clean-up, easier than you might think.