Production is based on cycle time and panel size. Assuming that each section is curing 3 panels whose dimensions are 24″ x 24″ (60cm x 60cm) and assuming a cycle time of 1.5 minutes, production per shift equals:
=4 ft2 (.36M2)
=12 ft2 (1.1M2)
=12 ft2 x 280 cycles or 3360 ft2/shift
=1.1 M2 x 280 cycles or 308 M2/shift
The Automated Loosener on the #825A- will help reduce the cycle time of the machine by 30%. When the machine is rotated, it will automatically Index across to each clamp and loosen it one section ahead of the section the operator is working on, leaving the operator with one less job to do. The loosener is PLC Driven and uses sensors to sense each clamp.
Tightening / Flattening System
Semi Automatic Clamp Tightener:
- The Semi Automatic Clamp Tightener provides rapid and uniform clamping force up to 3,000 lbs (at 90 psi) on each clamp.
- The Tightener is offered in either Pneumatic or Hydraulic. It uses a motor, which provides a more uniform pressure that an impact type of Tool.
- The Semi Automatic Tightener’s ergonomic design reduces operator effort and increases productivity. The tightener carriage rides on ball bearings for quick and easy positioning to clamp on the front rest. A simple push or pull of the lever allows the Tightener to engage the clamp for tightening or loosening.
Pneumatic Panel Flattener:
- The Taylor Panel Flattener is designed to hold stock flat while each clamp is tightened
- The Flattener rides on ball bearings on an overhead beam and is energized by a push button. The push button to energize the cylinder is interlocked with the Semi Auto Tightener for a rapid and safe operation. The Flattener will stay energized until the operator pushed the button to release pressure.
- At 90 psi, the downward force on the stock exceeds 625 lbs, which produces high quality and flat panels.
Motor Drive for Rotation of the Sections:
- The motor drive rotates the Clamp Carrier from section to section. It is offered with a pneumatic or hydraulic (shown) motor. The Motor Drive worm gear reducer insures controlled indexing from section to section, even when rotating an unbalanced load. The Motor Drive is controlled by a Joystick, on the Front Rest of the machine, and can rotate forward or reverse. The Motor Drive speeds rotation of the machine with precise control and minimizes operator fatigue.